Explanations on the various games, terms and tools used on this website.
- A Japanese style of art that emphasises proportionally large body aspects and very bright colours.
- A Japanese 2.5 dimensional isometric horror and puzzle game, that features a plot involving high-school students investigating a mansion rumored to be haunted by something supernatural. This game had spawned many fan-made versions usually designed with a similar plot.
- A branch of the anime style of art that puts emphasis on characters with small stature.
Dr. Lunatic Supreme With Cheese
- A 2.5 dimensional game that was created by Mike Hommel of Hamumu Software. The gameplay revolves around the concept of worlds, and the game itself has its own unique world editor. This game is also abbreviated as Dr L SWC.
- A website created and owned by Mike Hommel which features many indie games developed by him. This site has a community and a strict family friendly policy. It can be found at hamumu.com.
- An unofficial division of the horror genre. This term was first thought up by Soon Th.. Heavy-horror is characterized by a quick pace in action, many jump-scares, or very nerve-racking scenes and with huge amounts of gore. This term can also be used to describe most horror movies which were filmed from the late 1970s to the present.
- An enclosed gameplay space that has a specific goal, killing all the spiders in a certain area for instance, that is usually found in arcade and mash’em up type games.
- An unofficial division of the horror genre. This term was first thought up by Soon Th.. Light-horror is characterized by a slow pace in action, rare jump-scares and a small amount of gore. This term can also be used to describe most horror movies which were filmed from the beginning of cinema to the early 1970s.
- A gameplay style where killing everything or everyone in a video game (evil spiders or other players for instance) is the goal.
massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG)
- An online role-playing game in which a very large number of people (up to hundreds of thousands of players) participate simultaneously.
- A humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by internet users.
- An element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
- The sole owner of Hamumu Software who has been an indie game developer for several years.
Robinson Technologies (RtSoft)
- A website created and owned by Seth and Akiko Robinson which features many indie games developed by them. This site has a very large community but not too stringent rules. It can be found at rtsoft.com and is known for the infamous MMORPG of Growtopia.
- The owner of Robinson Technologies who has been an indie game developer for several years.
- A website that is used to upload presentations and has a few embed features. It’s similar in concept to Youtube, except that instead of dealing in videos it deals in slides.
- An artwork that is usually done in a time period of thirty minutes to four hours. The process is usually, but not always, recorded and made into a time-lapse.
- A friend of Paul Gz. who has contributed a few terms to online culture such as light-horror.
world, Dr Lunatic Supreme With Cheese
- A self-contained set of playable Levels, which are in a format known as .dlw. A world can only be played in the same game which it was designed in, which in this case is Dr. Lunatic Supreme With Cheese.